Wearable technology mainly relates to devices and clothing/fabrics. Spectacles, trinkets, headdress, girdles, arm wear, wrist wear, legwear, footwear, skin patches, exoskeletons and e-textiles are involved and the device commerce is already large. As the wearable electronics business powers from USD 20 billion in 2015 to almost 70 USD billion in 2025, the leading segment will continue the healthcare sector which unites medical, fitness and wellness. It has the major figure of giant forenames such as Apple, Accenture, Adidas, Fujitsu, Nike, Philips, Reebok, Samsung, SAP and Roche behind the supreme hopeful new progresses.
Main companies of wearable expertise system were recognized across the areas and their presents, delivery network, and local existence is established through in-depth thoughts. To bargain out the complete wearable technology marketplace scope, number of consignments and usual retailing value were used. Also, top-down and bottom-up methods were used to evaluate the extents of other separate souks by exhausting fraction ruptures from secondary and primary research. The whole process comprises the reading of the yearly and monetary news of the best marketplace companies and widespread meeting of important visions from business frontrunners, such as CEOs, VPs, directors, and marketing executives.
Aimed addressees for this report:
- Businesses in the wearable electronics and machinery marketplace
- Administration and monetarist organizations as well as venture capital firms
- Experts and tactical commercial organizers
- End users who need to see extra around the wearable technology and the newest technological expansions in the wearable industry
- Healthcare providers
- Nutrition and brew corporations
- Study and consulting partnerships
Wearable technologies are nothing new and have existed in some capacity in certain markets for more than twenty years. These technologies have been considered basic but functional; however, they have never attracted significant attention. Over the past few years, this has changed. Nike’s FuelBand activity tracker had brought a cool factor to wearable technologies. Furthermore, with the near ubiquitous presence of smartphones, wearable technologies are able to link to and leverage this powerful processing and storage device. The market is going to witness an avalanche of new wearable products arriving on the market such as, smartphone compatible watches, innovative healthcare solutions, and the rise of smart glasses.
The total wearable computing market is expected to reach up to $34.61 Billion by 2020, growing at a CAGR of 20.7% between 2015 and 2020.
Wearable computers or products are small electronic devices worn by users which enable mobile computing and wireless networking. Wearable technology is poised to revolutionize the way humans interact with the world around them. Wearable products comprise smart devices equipped with microchips, sensors, and wireless communication capabilities. These devices collect data, track activities, and provide customized experiences to user’s needs and desires.
Some of the major companies operating in the global wearable computing devices market are Contour, GoPro, NanoSonic, Weartech, Textronics, Himax Technology, Invensense Inc., CSR plc., Zephyr Technology Corporation, Smart Life Technology Co., Ltd., Silicon Micro Display, AiQ Smart Clothing Inc., Apple Inc., Ascension Technology Corporation, Carl Zeiss Inc., Casio Computer Company Ltd., GE Healthcare, Medtronic Inc., Siemens Healthcare and Samsung Electronics.
Key points covered in the report
- Report segments the market on the basis of types, application, products, technology, etc (as applicable)
- The report covers geographic segmentation
- North America
- The report provides the market size and forecast for the different segments and geographies for the period of 2016 to 2020
- The report provides company profiles of some of the leading companies operating in the market
- The report also provides porters five forces analysis of the market.
Global Wearable Medical Device Market is expected to reach USD 27.8 billion by 2022,. Rising prevalence of conditions such as obesity and hypertension, as a result of sedentary lifestyle is anticipated to boost the demand for wearable medical devices. Moreover, increasing health awareness is further expected to augment the demand for these devices.
The report covers predications and analysis for wearable medical devices market on a global and regional level. The analysis provides significant information of 2015 beside a forecast from 2016 to 2020 in terms of revenue (USD Million). The study includes drivers and restraints for the wearable medical devices market together with the impact they have on the demand over the forecast amount. In addition, the report includes the study of opportunities out there within the wearable medical devices market on a worldwide level.
Wearable medical devices are handheld monitoring tools used in identification and monitoring of disease. Due to the Increase in chronic diseases, patients are opting home healthcare as a cost effective and efficient way of treatment, rather than hospital services. Medical device market accounted for $240 billion in 2013. However, increase in incidence of chronic diseases restricts the growth of wearable medical device market. Neurological diseases in people have increased to 7.2% in urban areas, causing hurdles for monitoring through wearable medical devices.
Companies Mentioned Include:
- Fitbit Inc.
- ConnecteDevice Ltd.
- Jawbone UP
- Xiaomi Inc.
- Qualcomm Inc.
- Nike Inc.
- Adidas AG
- LG Electronics Inc.
- Sony Corp.
- Google Inc.
- Apple Inc.
- Garmin Corporation
- Metawatch Ltd.
- Pebble Technology Corporation
- Movea Inc.
- Razer Inc.
- Basis Science Inc.
- Misfit Wearables
- Sotera Wireless, Inc.
- Zephyr Technology Corporation
- Polar Electro
- LifeWatch AG
Key Deliverables in the Study
- Market analysis for the Global Medical Wearable Device Market, with region specific assessments and competition analysis on global and regional scales
- Market definition along with the identification of key drivers and restraints
- Identification of factors instrumental in changing the market scenarios, rising prospective opportunities, and identification of key companies that can influence this market on a global and regional scale
Extensively researched competitive landscape section with profiles of major companies along with their market shares. See Live